A COVID-19 Virtual Workshop of the Academia Europaea (AE) Section “Economics, Business and Management Sciences” was hosted by the School of Public Policy on November 23, 2020, in Vienna. The event was supported by the Global Labor Organization (GLO) and was chaired by the AE section chair, professor Klaus F. Zimmermann, and SPP dean, professor Martin Kahanec.
The long-standing collaboration of SPP with Academia Europaea has yet again brought forth an impactful workshop with leading economists, this time focusing on recent advances in COVID-19 research and its concrete policy applications.
SPP dean Martin Kahanec
This internal meeting of the AE section welcomed a number of section members as well as guests from CEU and GLO from many parts of the world.
Speakers and Chairs
- Marcella Alsan (Guest, Harvard University)
- Graziella Bertocchi (MAE, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia)
- Amelie Constant (MAE, Princeton University)
- Anil Duman (Guest, Central European University)
- Martin Kahanec (MAE, Central European University, Acting Dean of CEU School of Public Policy)
- Andreu Mas-Colell (MAE, Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Luiz Moutinho (MAE, University of Suffolk)
- Peter Nijkamp (MAE, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam):
- Mirjana Radovic-Markovic (MAE, Institute of Economic Sciences)
- Matthias Sutter (MAE, University of Cologne & Max-Planck Bonn):
- Reinhilde Veugelers (MAE, University of Leuven)
- Klaus F. Zimmermann (MAE, UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University & GLO)