AN EXCEPTIONAL DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC POLICY - ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE OF OPEN SOCIETY VALUES, ALL IN A DEGREE YOU CAN AFFORD
Central European University's Department of Public Policy is an English-language global institution with students from nearly 50 countries. Located in Vienna, the Department of Public Policy offers four top-ranking graduate programs, accredited in the U.S. and Austria. Scholarships are provided on the basis of academic merit and financial need. We offer academic programs that support students to develop the skills they will need to identify, define and address compelling and emerging public policy problems. Blending rigorous academic learning and practice-oriented training, our multidisciplinary curriculum will help you develop the skills needed to make a lasting social and policy change. Our faculty include top researchers and practitioners with extensive experience in the not-for-profit, public and private sectors. Their expertise enriches the classes they teach on a wide range of public policy topics including development, human rights and governance.
CEU ranks among the best in the world according to the prestigious 2020 QS World University Rankings. The Department of Public Policy contributes to the subject areas of “Politics and International Studies” and “Social Policy and Administration”, in which CEU ranks 30th and 51-100th in the world, respectively. CEU faculty represent global thought leaders on issues such as the open society, rule of law, and democracy.
DPP equips students with policy knowledge, analytical frameworks, qualitative and quantitative skills, and practical experiences to make a positive difference in the world. Our alumni work for intergovernmental organizations, private sector firms, leading non-profit and advocacy organizations, national agencies, governments and top universities.
10+1 REASONS WHY STUDY AT CEU's DEPARTMENT of PUBLIC POLICY
- Academic excellence and professional expertise: Resident and visiting faculty of world-class professors and top practitioners in the public policy field bring their experience and knowledge into the classroom.
- Mission and values: We embrace the values of open society and self-reflective critical thinking. We never stop asking questions. We stand firm defending academic freedom and integrity.
- Career focus: Our range of programs and internship opportunities will prepare you for a career in leading policy-making organizations, or to continue in academia. As a graduate, you will join the global community of DPP and CEU graduates and receive continued support as you develop your career.
- Applied focus: All our degrees contain innovative applied components, such as the applied policy project, policy labs, and an internship integrated into the curriculum. • Student-centered approach: Outstanding 2:1 student to faculty ratio with a strong focus on supporting a successful and enriching student experience.
- Diversity: Highly diverse student body with students from six continents and over 60 countries who are actively engaged in community outreach programs.
- Dynamic learning: Dynamic discussion and viewpoints from all around the world brought into a single classroom of usually less than 25 students (for mandatory classes) and 15 students (for electives).
- Course choice: Besides DPP’s wide menu of attractive courses, students have the possibility to take courses from other CEU departments including International Relations, Political Science, Law, Environment, Economics, and History.
- International organizations: Build connections with the top international organizations based in Vienna during your studies, including through our internships and applied programs as well as their global initiatives and high-profile public events - all within arms-reach.
- Funding: Financial aid is available.
- Last but not least: Vienna! Learn at our new campus in the heart of Vienna, which the World Economic Forum has ranked the best city for quality of life for the tenth year in a row.
Financial Aid and Tuition contribution
Beginning in September 2021, all CEU DPP students will be expected to contribute a minimum of 3,000 EUR/year towards their tuition, this includes Mundus MAPP students who receive institutional scholarships from the Mundus MAPP consortium. Other Mundus MAPP students will be expected to pay full tuition fees.
Get in touch with DPP Admissions via the following channel: